Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Terrorists Have Won!

Last night, I went to dinner with two friends. One was a writer friend, another a young woman who has helped me greatly over the last few years. The dinner was great, we talked about old times and great times to come. Then the discussion turned to world events.

The talked turned to the captured Taliban general. The general, apparently is being turned over to Pakistan. The young woman was happy, in that the Pakistanis would not hesitate to torture him, unlike our country.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I wanted to throw up. I wanted to cry. Here was a drop dead beautiful young woman in love. Her thoughts should be on the bridesmaids colors or finding a great caterer. Instead, she was delighted that someone would be tortured.

Sigh! The war might as well be over, for the terrorists have had their way with us.

No comments: